Please note, this role will be based in Witten, Germany.
Our team is seeking a Regional Environmental Manager (REM) who will lead and drive environmental operational excellence across our Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) in Germany. They will also provide technical support at our existing operations and future expansion across Germany. They will also provide technical support at our existing operations and future expansion across the MEU.
This role will report to the Europe Regional Environmental Manager through the Global Environmental Assurance and Protection team.
The REM will also partner with the operations leadership teams to execute company environmental procedures and ensure compliance with all applicable specific country, state/province, region and local regulations. Utilizing risk assessments and compliance evaluations, this individual will lead site specific continuous improvement initiatives to minimize environmental aspects and impacts and communicate and implement best practices. They must be able to lead a team to ensure success for business support.
- Advising organisations/locations on fulfilling their environmental protection tasks and supporting them with solutions
- Participate in the development, introduction, control, improvement and application of environmentally friendly systems, procedures, processes and products
- Cooperate in contacts with the authorities and in the implementation of any notification, permission and approval procedures according to environmental law (water / waste water, pollution control, waste)
- Participate in the annual data collection and reporting (internal, external) as well as controls (measurements, reviews) on environmentally relevant issues
- Participate in internal and external inspections / audits on Environmental topics
- Monitor the following subject areas: disposal of waste water and waste, proper storage of raw materials, auxiliary and operating materials, plant operation in compliance with the approval
- Participate in the further development of the environmental management system in the group
- Coordinate with other officers (occupational safety, fire protection, energy, quality, sustainability) when performing your tasks
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- English/German fluent
- Degree as a chemist, chemical or environmental engineer or related environmental field.
- Knowledge in environmental legislation (water / waste water, waste, pollution control, dangerous goods, chemicals law, water / soil protection) in Germany or willing to learn the environmental protection legislation requirements in Germany
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%
- Knowledge in adjacent legal areas (occupational and fire protection, energy law) · extensive experience as an environmental management officer (ISO14001 and / or EMAS) including safe handling of authorities and auditors
- Fluent written and spoken Business English and ideally a knowledge of another foreign language
- Experience managing change in multiple site environments and the ability to influence peers and superiors
- Preferably candidate already trained as representative for waste, dangerous goods and pollution control (mandatory requirement) or willing to obtain training
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (Jetzt bewerben! to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.